Brilliant Winter has posted a series of articles on different Thai sentence forms. The first of these was about ambiguity in sentences.
Ambiguous = กำกวม = kamkūam
If you really want to improve thai more. You should learn and translate Ambiguous sentences.
1. ชาเย็นหมดแล้ว = chaa yen møt laew
– first meaning is ice tea be finished.
– 2nd meaning is hot tea being a normal tea.
– 1st meaning is I like to eat cold rice.
– 2nd meaning is I like to eat dinner.
Ambiguous means the sentence or the word has a meaning that is not clear or has 2 meanings in 1 sentence.
Exercise about ambiguous
Please tell me the meaning of these sentences.
1. สวยไปหมด = suay pai møt
2. หนุ่มน้อย = nhoom nøi
3. ตามความคิดของผม คุณไม่ผิด = tam kwaamkīt khøng phom kun mai pīt